Buy Official Evo Gear!
Click The Above Logo.
R-Rev Sports produces functional and aesthetic line of high performance aero products.
THE EVOLUTION OF ILLEGAL STREET RACERS INTO MOTORSPORTS RACERS.
Street racing (Illegal street racing) is a global problem that affects us all regardless of participation. Street Scene Revolution's Evo Street Racers (Evo) was founded in 2003 as a volunteer driven motorsports association that focuses on reducing street racing (illegal) with safe racing alternatives, education, and community solutions. The primary mission of Evo is to assist in the evolution of illegal street racers into motorsports racers.™ We accomplish this mission by a wide variety of means including: offering domestic/global solutions in the area of consulting with the entertainment industry, news media, law enforcement, government agencies, motorsports sanctioning bodies, business entities, and education institutions, publishing accurate illegal street racing statistics and research studies, maintaining the largest database of illegal street racing materials, and coordinating safe and exciting races / events for the Street Scene. Our programs have been proven to save lives, enhance the automobile culture, restore the civility of communities, decrease public expenditures, promote the motorsports industry, and drive revenue into the business sector.
Evo also offers:
- The Evolution Solution: The worlds most comprehensive solution to reduce illegal street racing with motorsports alternatives and societal resolutions.
- The world's largest free database of street racing (illegal) educational information including the:
- Tragedy Tower & Illegal Street Racing Statistics & Facts
- Illegal Street Racing Accidents Library
- Alternative Illegal Street Racing Associations Directory
- Illegal Street Racing Legislation, Enforcement, & News
- Evo Specific Research Studies
- An opportunity to race against law enforcement in their active police cruisers in our famed Beat The Badge™ event.
- Free membership program to civilians and professionals/businesses that offers special offers, discounts on parts & events, and consultation-support-assistance in creating and coordinating motorsports events that take racing off the streets and onto a track.
Evo Illegal Street Racing Statistics
March 30, 2013
- Illegal Street Racing Accident Articles: 1,875
- 2012: 019 . .. ... ........2005: 23
- 2011: 304 .................2004: 22
- 2010: 664..................2003: 23
- 2009: 453..................2002: 38
- 2008: 1190................2001: 14
- 2007: 0970................2000: 05
- 2006: 0820................Pre 2000: 12
- Legislation & Law Enforcement Articles: 1,566
- Street Racing* Interest Groups Listings: 46
- Street Racing* Cars Photo Gallery : 195
*Illegal Street Racing
Illegal Street Racing News & Updates:n
- November 1, 2012: Sheriff's HEAT and Project Fastlane from Chattanooga, TN
- Marty Dunn, Evo Ambassador and Beat The Heat Member, has been building his 1963 Ford Fairlane piece by piece with the intent to utilize it as an important tool to get kids off the street and onto the track. With no tax dollars used on the project it has involved a painstaking frame off rebuild and will be hitting a street/strip nearby you. ...Click here to read the article
- September 19, 2012: Fast Cop's Life Saving Educational Program
- Just wanted to, again thank everyone who donated to Fast Cop's Live Saving Educational program. The Legal Street Drags part of our program has become a family involvement program. It's great to see moms, dads, brothers, sisters and friends, videoing, coaching and building of the legal street cars. Getting everyone ...Click here to read the article
- August 16, 2012: Orlando's Speed World Dragway Closing In 2012?
- For the thousands of racers that call Speed World home the lost of this track would be a significant loss to the motorsports community. Florida ranks amongst the five highest states for illegal street racing; a legal racing facilities closing will have a deadly consequence on the street. ...Click here to read the article
- July 30, 2012: Mothers Against Racing On The Street, MARS CFL Inc, Joins With Evo To Reduce Illegal Racing
- There is no greater fear of a parent than to have to bury their child, yet sadly it is an event that happens all too often when an illegal street racing accident occurs. Beyond the local news affiliates covering the accident the event fads from the attention of society with the next “big” news story . . . leaving a broken family struggling to recover. The lost of a child hits at the very being of a parent with each day posing a significant challenge to go onto the next. Fueled by their everlasting love of the children they lost to illegal street racing a group of mothers declared to the world “no more” and founded a none-profit organization Mothers Against Racing On The Street (MARS CFL Inc). Led by Laurie Broadus, president ...Click here to read the article
- July 2, 2012: Call To Action: Keep Arizona Speedworld Raceway Park Open!
- According to an article written by AZ Central, Speedworld Raceway Park inWittmann Arizona is under the proverbial “chopping block.” What does this mean? One of the two major drag strips in the illegal street racing prone area of Phoenix Arizona may close! Doesn’t take a mathematician to calculate the odds of increasing illegal street racing accidents if this track does close. Motorsports racers, automotive enthusiasts, and the general community needs ...Click here to read the article
- June 08, 2012: Peacemaker And Legal Racing Advocate Big Willie Robinson Passes Away
- Who is Andrew “Big Willie” Robinson? Given all his accomplishments, an easier question to ask is what didn’t Big Willie succeed in and you find the list would be very short. Big Willie spent his whole life as a fighter, a fighter for peace. Big Willie fought in the Vietnam War as part of an Army Special Forces unit to return back to the states to witness the Watts riot in 1965. Concerned with the direction of his strife-torn city he focused on using legitimate drag racing to help bring unity to Los Angeles. Working alongside the LAPD he founded the “Brotherhood of Street Racers” and helped establish a drag strip on Terminal Island, Long Beach. Operational from 1976 to 1995 Brotherhood Raceway Park helped ...Click here to read the article
- May 17, 2012: Race Legal & Alexander Valle-Cervantes Partner With Evo Street Racers
- The motorsports community in Southern California, the home of drag racing, is constantly under threat for losing motorsports tracks as a number of drag strips, circle tracks, and road courses have shut down. With California amongst the highest states for illegal street racing incidents and accidents, any effort made to create safe alternatives to the illegal racing is vital not only for the racing industry but for the safety of the community. Race Legal was founded in 1998 by Dr. Stephen J. Bender from San Diego State University’s ...Click here to read the article
- April 23, 2012: How To Design And Build A Dragstrip
- Evo Street Racers often receives questions on how to design and build a dragstrip (a.k.a. dragway, drag strip, drag-strip). At aminimum a paved dragstrip must have either an 1/8 mile or 1/4 mile racing surface with a 1/2 mile shutdown area composed of two lanes, retaining walls, a timing system, and a parkingarea (pits) (Dirt and sand dragstrip's may have a different distance for the racing surface and shutdown distance.). ...Click here to read the article
- April 09, 2012: Evo Street Racers Research Department Update
- 12 articles added to the Illegal Street Racing Accidents database and 18 articles added to the Illegal Street Racing News Database.
- March 19, 2012: Evo Street Racers Considers Name Change
- Formed in 2003 Evo Street Racers was originally called “The Evolution of Illegal Street Racers” or "EISR." The name of the organization was born from our mission to assist in the evolution of illegal street racers into motorsports racers. During the first few years the organization gained notoriety as "Evo Street Racers" and later was identified as just "Evo." Shortly after The Evolution of Illegal Street Racers was organized into an official organization the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII ...Click here to read the article
- March 08, 2012: Evo Ambassador Featured In The News Again!
- For nearly a decade Evo Street Racers has worked towards providing the resources and tools necessary for our members and ambassadors to successfully reduce illegal street racing. Year after year, Lt. Rey Alonso’s program has continued to grow in notoriety and reach proving that a successful campaign can be ran on a very limited budget.....Click here to read the article
- March 01, 2012: Race Tracks Under Attack, Are Closing, And Illegal Racing Is On The Rise
- It's simple. The most effective method of reducing illegal street racing is to promote racing at motorsports facilities. In fact, Evo defined this idea nearly a decade ago when we crafted our mission statement as the “Evolution of illegal street racers into motorsports racers.” If there are no race tracks then the evolution cannot occur and illegal street racers will continue to race on the public road with deadly consequences. Furthermore with the closure of race tracks automobile enthusiasts that once legally raced at these motorsports facilities will either be forced to abandon their passionate hobby or turn to the street for an illegal race. In response, illegal street racing has and will rise at astronomical rates. Again, its that simple.....Click here to read the article
- February 16, 2012: Feedback From The Frontline: Opinions Of Evo Street Racers
- Digging through Evo's editorials we found an article from November 2009 that was never released. This article highlights feedback from visitors, partners, members, and ambassadors of Evo Street Racers. ...Click here to read the article
- February 06, 2012: Where to Drift . . . Legally
- There are many forms of illegal street racing that emulate legal motorsports, with the major exceptionbeing a safe and controlled atmosphere found on a track versus the dangers of publci roads. The sport of Drifting utilizes a driving technique where the driver intentionally oversteers the vehicle causing a loss of traction. The key component to drifting is to not allow the vehicle to slide out of control rather pick a line in a turn....Click here to read the article
- February 01, 2012: Evo Street Racers changes web and e-mail addresses to .Org
- A small, yet important recent change to the association, is the move from .com to .org. In an effort to best align with Evo Street Racers goals in representing members, affiliates, and ambassadors across the world the .org became an obvious and beneficial change for brand recognition. The new site address is EvoStreetRacers.org. An additional change occurring during this time period is new e-mail addresses. Effective February 1st, all Evo Street Racers staff and Evo ...Click here to read the article
- January 23, 2012: Mike Johnson & Keeping Kids Alive Partners With Evo
- Involved with the NHRA since a baby Mike Johnson and his family have been participating and following the sport of drag racing for decades. Mike first learned about the dangers of illegal street racing while serving in the armed forces in Hawaii. It was in Hawaii in 2004, and it involved two Eclipses racing on the H1 highway. Both were driven by US Army soldiers, ...Click here to read the article
- January 9, 2012: Evo Street Racers Research Department Update
- HUGE 2012 update! 207 articles added to the Illegal Street Racing Accidents database and 219 articles added to the Illegal Street Racing News Database.
- January 04, 2011: Evo Street Racers Celebrates Its 9th anniversary!
- Evo Street Racers has reached its 9th year of working towards creating a safer country and globe through the evolution of illegal street racers into motorsports racers. Significant appreciation is directed towards all of Evo's members, Ambassadors, and partners for making this journey rewarding and meaningful.
- January 01, 2012: No Budget? No Problem! How To Reduce Illegal Street Racing Without Money.
- How do you develop a campaign against illegal street racing with a very limited to no budget? It’s a great question often asked of Evo Street Racers and most recently a Discussion Post on SEMA’s RASR LinkedIn group. After 9 years of successful operations Evo has proven that a big budget isn’t necessary to accomplish local, state, national, and global illegal street racing reduction goals. Through programs like the Evolution Solution and the hard work of ...Click here to read the article
- December 01, 2011: Evo Ambassador Lt. Rey Alonso appears on Go Racing TV!
- The Professional Racing Industry (PRI) show in Florida represents one of the largest gatherings of motorsports businesses in the country. All the top companies and teams visit the show to learn the latest and greatest the industry has to offer. At this prestigious event Lt. Rey Alonso was given the opportunity to be featured on “Go Racing TV.” His segment starts around 10 minutes into the show. ...Click here to read the article
- November 10, 2011: Evo Street Racers Research Department Update
- 16 articles added to the Illegal Street Racing Accidents database and 22 articles added to the Illegal Street Racing News Database.
- October 3, 2011: New Evo Partnership: Beyond The Rev
- Evo Street Racers welcomes and supports its latest partner in reducing illegal street racing: Beyond The Rev. Led by Toua Yang Beyond the Rev is A non-profit organization that seeks to advocate future and past automotive related events; to also give insight and showcase the local automotive community and their sponsors by means of photography, multimedia, and ...Click here to read about the partnership
- September 23, 2011: Drag Racing Tips: How To Get Your Street Car Through Tech Inspection and Down The Track
- Drag racing is the most accessible sport to the masses in both the types of cars that can compete and quantity of motorsports tracks across the globe. Generally any vehicle that can pass a state inspection can race on a drag strip. With that said drag racing can be intimidating to a beginner...with all the race cars in the pits, mean looking tech inspectors, loud noises, and strange track procedures it can be sensory overload. Luckily we have a few tips to help you get through tech ...Click here to read the article
- September 09, 2011: A Roaring Success: 2011 Beat the HEAT World Finals
- I just want to take a minute and reflect back on the 2011 Beat the HEAT World Finals that I hosted this year. This event is hosted by a different agency every year and last year I put our name into the hat as the host agency....On Monday the 5th of September we were hit with 10 inches of rain in a 24 hour period....Yes the water rose....matter of fact on Wednesday afternoon the 330 foot mark on the track had 4 inches of water on it and the shutdown was under a foot of water....The water dropped ...Click here to read the article
- August 30, 2011: Evo Street Racers Research Department Update
- 22 articles added to the Illegal Street Racing Accidents database and 12 articles added to
the Illegal Street Racing News Database.
- August 24, 2011: Beat The Heat World Finals: Chattanooga, Tennessee - September 8, 2011
- imilar to clothing fashion, laws are written in accordance to popularity trends. Unlike fashion when laws become unpopular they cannot be as easily disposed of like placing a tee-shirt in the local Salvation Army donation bin. It is all too often that politicians seeking the quickest remedy to a popular public problem often pursue the path of least resistance and sign into legislation a law which was doomed to fail from the beginning. For this reason it is important for people to ...Click here to read the article
- August 15, 2011: Illegal Street Racing Legislation & Laws Update: How It Affects You.
- Similar to clothing fashion, laws are written in accordance to popularity trends. Unlike fashion when laws become unpopular they cannot be as easily disposed of like placing a tee-shirt in the local Salvation Army donation bin. It is all too often that politicians seeking the quickest remedy to a popular public problem often pursue the path of least resistance and sign into legislation a law which was doomed to fail from the beginning. For this reason it is important ...Click here to read the article
- August 09 , 2011: Tire Blowouts Pose The Same Risk As Drunk Drivers?
- Intoxicated drivers and vehicle’s with mechanical failures represent the same incidence of automobile accidents with each group representing 20%. The most frequent type of mechanical failure resulting in an accident is tire blowouts. Do the math folks…as crazy as it sounds as it pertains to the cause of automobile accidents, tire blow outs pose the same threat as a drunk driving. When is the last time you heard a PSA on proper automobile maintenance, a police check point on a local road that tests vehicles for having a tire tread depth of over 3/32”, or an insurance company denying a claim for an owner in an...Click here to read the article
- July 14, 2011: Evo Street Racers Research Department Update
- 18 articles added to the Illegal Street Racing Accidents database and 9 articles added to the Illegal Street Racing News Database.
- June 27 , 2011: Ryan Dunn, ‘Jackass’ star, dies in what may be an illegal street racing accident.
- In a recent audio clip found from the reality series "Viva La Bam" Ryan Dunn's family and friends considered him as a horrible driver with a "Need for Speed." Let's take a moment to clarify the generic term "need for speed." If a driver utilizes public roads to quench their need for speed they are racing illegally. A driver doesn’t necessarily need to engage a second car on a public road to make it illegal. Multiple state laws and legislation ...Click here to read the article
Become a real racer. Become an Evo Street Racer:
The evolution of illegal street racers into motorsports racers.™
For more information about becoming an Evo Street Member click here.
------ The Evolution Solution ------
One Vision - One Goal. Take Action, Save Lives, and End the Senseless Tragedies.
ILLEGAL STREET RACING IS NOT DRAG RACING! TIME SLIPS DON'T LIE.
We cover street racing and illegal street racing as we represent the largest Street Racing Community in the world, and offer street racing pictures.
Copyright © 2003 - 2013 [StreetSceneRevolution.com] All Rights Reserved
A Fifth Element Marketing Inc. Production & Design